Going for a beach retreat when you are over 300 pounds means you have to pick your gear carefully. One beach gear that you have to give special consideration is the beach chair. So, what are the best beach chairs for over 300 lbs?
I have sourced the best options, and I’m going to share them with you in this post. I’ll also provide you with a buying guide that you can use to identify your perfect beach chair. As a bonus, I’ll address the frequently asked questions about beach chairs, especially those for plus size.
But first, let’s first look at what a beach chair is, why you need one, and why you should get a select plus-size option.
What’s a Beach Chair? Why Do You Need One?
A beach chair is an outdoor chair that features a collapsible frame and canvas on its back and seat. Beach chairs are typically designed for the beach, but you can also use them on the yard or deck
Sometimes, they also serve as camping chairs, thus the name camp chairs. Other names associated with these chairs are deck chairs and collapsible chairs.
Based on heavy duty beach chair reviews, you need a beach chair for the following reasons:
- To rest comfortably on the beach, deck or yard
- It holds your phone, beverage, and other items as you rest
- To relax safely in the outdoors
- Some beach chairs come with a canopy to offer protection against sun rays and rain
Why Do Heavy People Need Plus Size Beach Chairs?
The standard beach chairs are not designed for plus size users. Most of them come with a 250 weight limit. That makes them unsuitable for users weighing 300 pounds or more.
So, you need a beach chair that can support your weight. Luckily, I have such chairs on my list.
Mark you; it’s not just a higher weight limit that makes the beach chairs for heavy people on my list special. These chairs are highly comfortable, safe, and adjustable. Thus, they are the perfect relaxation gear for plus size beach campers.
What Are the Properties of the Best Beach Chairs for Over 300 Lbs?
THE BUYING GUIDE
Before I can describe the top 7 beach chairs for 300 plus pound users, let’s look at the factors that led to the list.
Here are the things I consider vital in buying beach chairs for plus size:
- At least 300 pounds weight limit – If you weigh 300 pounds, then it makes sense to pick a beach chair with a 300-pound weight limit or higher.
We have beach chairs for heavy person with more than 300 lbs on my list, which makes them great for plus size users.
- Durable material – Most beach chairs come in steel frame construction. That makes sense, given that steel is durable, weather-defiant, and stain-resistant.
But still, it doesn’t mean that aluminum is a poor material choice. Aluminum is lightweight, hence portable, and reasonably durable.
- Portability – You want to go with your beach chair to your vacations, camping exploits, and hiking adventure. That can only be possible if the seat is portable.
The beach chairs for big and tall people on my list are either lightweight or foldable or both, thus easy to carry in your car trunk.
- Highly comfortable – You are supposed to be comfortable when sited on a beach chair. Thus, your beach chair should have a thickly-padded back and seat.
You also need to look for cushioned armrests and headrests.
- Wide seat – It doesn’t apply to everyone, but most heavyweight people are big-bodied. For this reason, the best beach chairs for large people need to have broader seats.
That allows you to sit comfortably.
- High seat – It’s never a pleasant experience to rise from a low seat when you are plus size. As a result, it’s a good idea to invest in a high-seat beach chair.
Such a chair makes it easy to take a seat and walk out of it without a struggle. It’s more important if you are not just big but also tall. So, ensure that the ground height of the beach chair is about 10 inches.
- Convenience features – You need some drinks with you on the beach. For this reason, your beach chair should have a cup holder.
You should also look for convenience features like side pockets for holding small items, a canopy for providing shade, and roomy legroom.
- Affordable – I always advise my readers to prioritize convenience, comfort, and usefulness over price. But still, the product price should be reasonable.
I have covered beach chairs with different prices to suit users of different budgets. So, look for the camp chair that is more affordable for you to buy.
The Top 7 Beach Chairs for Over 300 LBS
Here are seven best beach chairs for users who are 300 pounds heavier:
1. Oniva Picnic Outdoor Folding Chair– 350lbs
Are you looking for a camp chair that can support up to 350 pounds? Then you should go for the Oniva Picnic Outdoor Folding Chair.
This stylish camp chair comes with an inbuilt cooler for keeping your beverages cold. It measures 34 by 24 by 18.5 inches and only weighs 12 pounds.
The big beach chair is available in black and gray options.
What You’ll Like About the Oniva Picnic Outdoor Folding Chair
- Sturdy aluminum frame – It enables the camp chair to support up to 350 pounds.
- Padded backrest and seat – They give you the best comfort when using the beach chair in the outdoors.
- Detachable insulated cooler – It can hold as many as ten cans and bottles for beverages.
- Fold-out side table – Allows you to keep magazines, food, and small personal items.
- Wide seat – It also encourages user comfort.
- Electronic pockets – Allow you to keep your phone and camera.
The Oniva Picnic Outdoor Folding Chair suits those looking to invest in durable and highly-convenient beach chairs for plus size people. It’s one of the most robust beach chairs on the market, and this evident through its lifetime warranty.
2. Old Bahama Bay Reclining Beach Chair -400lbs
The Old Bahama Bay Reclining Beach Chair has all the best things you expect from expensive plus size beach chairs. It’s attractive, lightweight, and comfortable to users weighing 400 pounds or more.
The camp chair is also readily adjustable and is built to last. It measures 46 by 27 by 33 inches and weighs 9.6 pounds.
What You’ll Like About the Old Bahama Bay Reclining Beach Chair:
- Lightweight design – Its weight makes it portable. You can drag this beach chair on sand and fit into your car quickly.
- Sturdy steel construction – Allows the beach chair to support up to 325 pounds.
- Extra-wide seat – Improves your overall comfort.
- Cup holder – Holds your drinks on the beach.
- 5-position adjustment – You can tilt this beach chair in five different ways.
The Old Bahama Bay Reclining Beach Chair gives you value for money. It’s among the most comfortable and trendy beach chairs for big guys who weigh slightly above 300 lbs.
The KingCamp Heavy Duty Camping Folding Director Chair is not just the perfect camp chair for plus size, but it’s also the ultimate pick for picnics, fishing, and traveling.
The camp chair has amazing convenience features, outlined by a side table and a carry-friendly handle.
It measures 32.6 by 5.5 by 19.6 and weighs 9.7 pounds.
What You’ll Like About the KingCamp Heavy Duty Camping Folding Director Chair
- Rugged steel frame – Allows the camp chair to support up to 396 pounds.
- Foldable – You can carry and store the camp chair with ease.
- Double-padded backrest – Provides you with adequate back comfort.
- Side table – Features storage pockets for keeping small items, snacks, and drinks.
- Large densely-padded seat – Also encourages utmost user resting comfort.
- Cotton-rich armrest – This is another comfort enhancer.
The KingCamp Heavy Duty Camping Folding Director Chair is among the best all-around heavy duty beach chairs. You can use it on a beach camp, a picnic, a hike, or any outdoor exploit.
If you are looking for top rated beach chairs that offer you portability, comfort, adjustability, and convenience, the Rio Beach Big Boy Folding 13-Inch High Seat fits the description.
The chair sits 13 inches above the ground, thus ideal for not only plus-size users but also tall ones. The camp chair measures 35 by 28 by 24 inches when open and weighs 11 pounds.
What You’ll Like About the Coleman NFL Cooler Quad Folding Chair
- Wide seat – It measures 12 inches, thus befits plus size users.
- Robust and rust-resistant construction – Gives the chair longevity.
- Four-position recline – The outdoor chair can assume four comfortable recline positions. Each of the positions is easy to adjust.
- Adjustable, detachable pillow – Makes your head comfortable as you take a rest.
- Cup holder – Holds your favorite drink as you sip it conveniently.
- Storage pouch – For keeping your small items.
The Rio Beach Big Boy Folding 13-Inch High Seat has the convenience and comfort of a decent beach chair for plus size users. It’s also affordable.
5. Fair Wind Oversized Folding Camping Chair -500lbs
Coming in attractive colors like navy blue, light brown, and red, the Fair Wind Oversized Folding Camping Chair has a contemporary trendy touch.
The camp chair may be a budget choice, but it has the making to support up to 500 pounds. So, it is the ultimate choice for plus size users.
The plus 400 lb capacity beach chair measures 22.4 by 22.4 by 38.6 inches when open and weighs 10.58 pounds. Plus, it comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.
What You’ll Like About the Fair Wind Oversized Folding Camping Chair
- Heavy-duty steel frame – This gives not only the camp chair stability but also strength and longevity.
- Carry bag – It allows you to quickly pack and transport the camp chair when you go camping, hiking, or picnicking.
- Foldable – The deck chair folds effortlessly to encourage portability.
- Four-can cooler – Enables you to keep your beverages cold.
- Storage pockets – They are great for keeping your novel, camera, and other items.
- Moisture-wicking fabric – Encourages ventilation and keeps the seat dry.
The Fair Wind Oversized Folding Camping Chair is one of the best budget beach chairs for large people that suit frequent travelers.
Two essential features of the Picnic Time NFL Folding Chair strikes my eyes. The camp chair has a six-can inbuilt cooler, which always keeps your drinks cold and a user-friendly carrying case to allow you to carry the camp chair on the go.
The big and tall beach chair measures 38 by nine by 8 inches and only weighs 1 pound.
What You’ll Like About the Picnic Time NFL Folding Chair
Besides the built-in cooler and the carrying case, here are other things you’ll like about the Picnic Time NFL Folding Chair:
Lightweight but powerful – The camping chair may only be 1 pound, but its steel frame enables it to support a maximum of 300 pounds.
- Cup holders – For holding your beverages.
- Side storage pockets – For keeping your small valuables.
- Wear-resistant fabric – Gives the beach chair a long life.
The built-in cooler, together with the carrying case, makes the Coleman NFL Cooler Quad Folding Chair one of the best extra-large beach chairs for travelers.
7. Nevlers 2 Pack Inflatable Lounger
Simplicity is the best term to describe the Coleman Portable Camping Quad Chair. This budget-friendly camp chair has some fantastic qualities that will make you fall in love with it.
It’s robust in construction to support up to 325 pounds and provides you with optimal comfort. The camp chair measures 7.75 by 27 by 27 inches and only weighs 7.75 pounds.
What You’ll Like About the Coleman Portable Camping Quad Chair
- Roomy seat – The seat is 24 inches wide, thus spacious for a plus size user.
- Meshed cup holder – Holds your beverage as you sip flexibly resting on the chair.
- Side pockets – Allow you to keep small personal items.
- Collapsible design – Lets you store and transport the camp chair with ease.
- Polyester fabric – It gives the camp chair long life.
- Fully-cushioned – Both the back support and the seat are thickly-padded to improve user comfort.
The Coleman Portable Camping Quad Chair is the best beach chair ever for the budget buy. While its price is a bargain, the outdoor chair is comfortable, convenient, and portable.
1. Which is the best beach chair for over 300 LBS?
The above beach chairs are the best for plus size, according to my research. However, if you are looking for the most budget-friendly beach chair for plus size with decent comfort and convenience features, consider the Coleman Portable Camping Quad Chair.
2. How much should I spend on a 300-plus lbs beach chair?
It depends on the type of beach chair you buy and your individual needs. The budget-pick on my list costs around $27.99, while the costliest option costs $147.99. Typically, a heavy duty beach chair with canopy and other convenience features tend to cost more.
3. Can I carry a plus size beach chair on a plane?
Given that most oversized deluxe beach chairs are foldable and can be packed in a bag, it’s okay to carry yours on a plane.
4. What are the qualities of a decent camp chair for 300 plus lbs users?
You have to prioritize comfort, portability, durability, and convenience. You can go again through my buying guide to reread the factors before buying the beach chair.
5. Why are some beach chairs lowered?
It is to give you a comfortable, lower angle to relax. Additionally, low-height beach chairs allow water from the sea to wash through your legs.
Having gone through the buying guide and my top list for beach chairs for over 300 lbs, I hope you now have your pick. You can go ahead and make the order before the current stock runs out.